Wednesday, January 07, 2009

other's life blogs

So I'm reading this blog of a pediatric resident Dr. and the entries are SO much more interesting than mine (not that my goal is for my blog to be "interesting"). I can't help but think: "I wanna have a job where every day there's a story to blog about. I want to meet interesting and new people everyday and have interesting things happen in my life like that."
So shall I go into medicine? Be a nurse, or a PA or something? G-d knows I'm totally interested in the medical feild. But would it gross me out too much? Would I not be able to handle it? Handle the schooling? Handle that high stress job atmosphere? Is it too much menial labor (drug measurements etc...BP checks...etc.) for me to do on a constant basis? Do I want to work around sick people all the time? I really couldnt tell ya. Maybe I SHOULD go into it. Maybe there's a REASON why the first thing I can remember wanting to be (as a young child) was a Doctor. Maybe there's a reason why I was so obsessed with ER and why I love watching Greys Anatomy, House, Providence, and Private Practice. Maybe there's a reason why I'd buy medical textbooks for myself to read when I was in high school. Maybe there's a reason for my total obsession with drugs and how they work. I still dont know tho. I cant help but question my ability to get into and get through something like med school. I mean, I like it, but can I do it? Would I be able to get thru it? Could I handle it? and would I want that to be the difference I would want to make in the world? I dont know....

0 comments: